Aussie Curves: Peplum


Like a lot of people, it seems, I love peplums. I have lots of dresses and tops and skirts with them. Today, though, in honour of "Talk Like a Pirate" day I thought I'd show you one of my favourite peplum jackets. Some days you just need to wear a tricorn and make other people smile. I can't tell you how many cheers and piratical cries of "AAARGH!" I heard when I went down to the shops dressed like this - I also had one elderly lady tell me my hat was lovely and that she wished more young ladies would wear hats. 


I am a total sucker for military styling, and in my usual fashion I tend to wear it whether it's "THE THING" in any particular season or not. This jacket is so over the top, it's pretty much costumey. It has a gorgeous slanted peplum, with a drape detailing on the back, it has buttons and braid and the cut of it is so much fun I bought it even though it was (shock horror) white. I had plans to dye it but haven't gotten around to it yet. I got it on deep discount from City Chic.


The dress under it that you can't really see is a cowl neck cheapie from Kmart that has proved to be very versatile - I can wear it under all sorts of things to add a bit of warmth, it's one of those endlessly versatile items that make everything else in your wardrobe work a bit better.


Photobucket
Photobucket






3 comments

  1. Awesome jacket Omega, who doesn't love a pirate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Fashion is meant to be fun!!

    Blonde Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. LOVE IT! You're the cutest pirate ever.

    ReplyDelete